|Printer friendly version|
|Dive Into Summer at Chicago’s Premier In-Water Boating Event June 13-16|
|2nd Annual Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show docks at new 31st St. Harbor, offering nautical retreat with sales on hundreds of boats and accessories, on- water fun and entertainment for all ages|
CHICAGO (April 30, 2013) – In its second year, Chicago’s premier boating event, the Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show, offers everyone the chance to experience the fun of boating. The in-water show will return to the new, state-of-the-art marina – 31st Street Harbor, June 13-16, with hundreds of the newest boats and marine accessories for sale, on-water activities, education and daily entertainment.
Don’t miss the boat! Top ten reasons the boat show is a must-attend Chicago summer destination:
1. Boating lessons & DIY fun. Climb aboard and take a Discover Boating course to learn how to sail, dock a powerboat and much more! Then head to Fred’s Shed, an interactive garage-like setting, to learn how to keep that boat in tip-top shape. Check the website for registration details and seminar schedules.
2. What’s SUP? Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUP)! Free demos and lessons from experts on the fastest growing water sport in the world. Learn the basics, try out SUP Yoga, or learn about the emerging SUP racing world. On Sunday, June 16 from 8am-12pm, check out a live SUP race – the Chicago In-Water SUP Challenge.
3. Fly on the water. Flyboard combines the thrills of jet skiing, snowboarding and acrobatic diving. Words cannot describe it; see it to believe it! Demos will be held at scheduled times in Try it Cove daily.
4. Banana Boat rides. Jump in and partake in the thrill of a banana boat ride on Lake Michigan. Hop onboard a yellow six-seater, hold on and get ready to speed through the water.
5. Classic boat beauties. Marvel at the beauty and expert craftsmanship of an array of antique boats, including the Robert Allan II , a 40’ yacht built in 1936.
6. Get dad what he really wants on Father’s Day. What better way to celebrate dads than with the entire family outside and on the water. From shopping and nautical bites to kid-friendly activities and hundreds of boats to browse – there’s no better place to spend Father’s Day.
7. Start summer with a new boat. Shop more than 100 new boats for every interest and budget, from jaw-dropping luxury yachts and speedboats to family cruisers, pontoons and sailboats.
8. Be a kayak pro. Get on the water and get schooled on the latest kayaking and canoeing products and techniques. Learn everything needed about the exciting world of paddlesports with free daily seminars and expert demonstrations from Adventures Away.
9. Grab the kids, pack the swimsuits and head to Try it Cove. Attendees of all ages can jump in Lake Michigan and get their feet wet on a floating lily pad, paddle boats, a water trampoline and much more.
10. Bike, boat or drive. It’s Chicago Bike Week and with a convenient lakefront path to 31st St. Harbor and free bike parking for show attendees, it makes biking to the show a breeze. Rather come by water? Take advantage of 31st St. Harbor’s transient boat slips. Driving on Lakeshore? Find convenient parking for $12 across from the harbor with free shuttle service.
When: Thursday through Sunday, June 13- 16, 2013
Thursday, June 13: 11 – 6 p.m.
Friday, June 14: 11 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 15: 10 – 6 p.m.
Sunday, June 16: 10 – 5 p.m.
Where: 31st Street Harbor
3155 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
Admission: $10 – Adults (16 years & older)
FREE – Children (15 years & under)
Web: For more information and to pre-shop the show, ChicagoInWaterBoatShow.com. To keep up with conversation, win prizes and more, join the boat show on Facebook and Twitter.
Editors’ Note: Visit ChicagoInWaterBoatShow.com to sign-up for a press badge or contact Maria Blevins at 312.946.6231 or email@example.com for press materials, photos and interviews.
About the Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show: The Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.
About Progressive: The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies is a leader in boat insurance and the largest seller of personal watercraft insurance in the U.S. It offers flexible, year-round coverage so boaters can go wherever they choose, whenever they choose and have peace of mind they’re protected. Specialty coverages which vary by state include On-Water Towing, Roadside Assistance, Personal Effects, Total Loss Replacement, and Pet Injury.
Progressive makes it easy to understand, buy, and use vehicle insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach us whenever, wherever, and however it’s most convenient for them—online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, or in-person with a local agent.
# # #